Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My apologies!

I know I promised pictures and more information after the visit to the doctor, but I am completely exhausted and really need to get to bed. I didn't sleep well last night and after chasing Jack around I feel horrid! Here's the basic scoop: Baby is very healthy, no risks, no abnormalities in his growth, no concerns at all. We have lots of pictures to post, but Dan needs to scan them first. He is truly a boy and seemed quite proud to show us "the goods"! LOL! He's measuring at 20-21 weeks, but I'm just into my 19th.

The docs will be watching his growth to see if we need to move the due date up. Also, I have a pretty small torso so his size will determine whether or not we'll need to "schedule" his birth. Jack arrived very fast and was almost born in the car (no joke), so there is a chance this one will come just as fast. If he's really big it could be pretty difficult for me, so we are just going to monitor his growth. I have a feeling he'll be huge if he's anything like the Umina clan! All big babies I hear!

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm totally wiped out and am headed to bed :)

Love,
The Las Vegas Uminas

1 comment:

diana umina said...

Words from Grandma Umina-
Deary, I am sorry but all my babies were big, I was big almost 11 lbs and Dad was taken a month EARLY as he was too big for his mom to carry full term. Get this.....my Dad was 13 pounds and born at home. Needless to say, he was the first and only child! Of my six, only one, Joe (baby 5), was the typical movie baby...."Honey, I think that I am in labor.....100mph in the pouring rain in the middle of the night dash to the hospital....Dad yelling "Wife is having a baby!"...Nurse responding it is ok we will take care of this....clothes go flying...mouths gasp....mad dash to the sterile room-so nothing like Jon's (baby 4) birthing suite-and 20 minutes after arrival at hosptial, Joe arrived!!!
All will go well. Good to hear that some of your concerns have been eased. Keep us posted!!!