Thank goodness Grandma Umina came to stay with us! I don't know what we would have done without her. Of course, the kids LOVED spending their days giving grandma a hard time :) but sadly, she got sick! So here's the breakdown:
Thursday-Dan's tummy is rumbling
Friday-Will gets sniffles
Sunday he starts to get a fever and toss is cookies
Monday-more cookie tossing and fever
Tuesday-Will goes to the doctor to make sure it's just a tummy bug
Wednesday-He starts to recover
Thursday-good
Friday-Grandma starts tossing cookies
Saturday-Dan feels icky again
Sunday-I start to toss my cookies
Monday-Still feeling icky
Tuesday-Getting better, but now it's time for Grandma to go!!
WHEW!
Since then I've been busy taking the kids to play dates, the library, and running to last minute doctor appointments before school starts.
I've also been going to different schools to see which is best for Jackson. He's starting kindergarten this year and I am SO SAD! My baby is growing up! I did find a school I like, but it's in the opposite direction of my job and Will's daycare. They only have half day kindergarten here, so that is going to be a logistical nightmare since Dan works a funky schedule. I've looked a a dozen different scenarios, but I'm not too thrilled with any of them :( My only other choice is to send Jack to a Catholic school across the street from my school, but the neighborhood isn't good and I don't think we could afford it. Sigh.....
Anyway, we are just trying to enjoy the last two weeks of vacation before life gets REALLY nuts :) I'm also looking for an activity for Jack once or twice a week. He likes Kung Fu Panda, so maybe Karate? LOL.
I'm going back to work two weeks early to get my room put together and to get ready to welcome the new teachers. I'm in charge of getting some welcome to Desert Pines candy jars and gifts together for the new kids on the block. On top of that, I'm painting my classroom because the school is too cheap to do it and my boss bought me the paint. I was excited about it at first until I thought about the SIZE of the room. Ug!!
Anyway, here are a few long overdue pictures!
Will's little friend Lilinoelani
1 comment:
LOVED EVERY WELL..... AND SICK..... MOMENT THERE WITH YOU ALL!! Please may I have some more?
Hugs to all of you!!
Mom Umina
Post a Comment