YAY! Jackson gets to go to school! He is so excited he can hardly stand it :) I bought him all his school supplies and a few new clothes and he just about lost his mind. I drew the line at sleeping with his Batman backpack though. He's learning to tie his new shoes and I have him convinced he an't go to school until he learns, so he is working hard. He has been talking about making new friends and seeing some of the neighborhood kids as well. We have back to school meeting with his teacher on the 21st so I have a feeling no one will be sleeping much once he gets to see his new classroom.
Dan his healing well from his giant laceration. His shin was a little yellow from bruising, but the actual cut is healing pretty well. He's taken the bandage off and is just wearing a big bandaid. He has no leg hair left, which is kind of funny, but other than that he seems okay. He gave me quite the scare and I got one more reminder how stubborn he is. He refused to go to the hospital even though he's on my insurance. He was convinced he could fix himself and I have to admit, he did a good job. Apparently, he seems to think that he needs to lose more than a pint of blood or be missing a limb before he'll see a doctor.
Will has developed a funky rash on his face we are trying to heal. His doc seems to think he might have severe dry skin, but nothing seems to be working. I'm going to be taking him to a dermatologist that works with kids as soon as I can. He's making me nervous because it looks really nasty. He has a nasty road rash on his face too because Jackson literally ran poor Will over with his 4-wheeler. It was scary and even when Jack got a spank he insisted it wasn't his fault and that Will was just in the way. My lord. My children are going to give me a heart attack!
I will post the results as soon as we meet with the doctor. I also need to see him about a suspicious mole, but I have a feeling I'm okay and just being paranoid. I have a fear of skin cancer and want to make sure everyone is healthy. I took Jack in once for a mole he has on his shoulder and the doc told me he was find and to just keepo an eye on it. Poor Jack. I keep an eye on it at least once a week and he's started talking about his mole like it's a person ;)
I have gone back to work and am desperately trying to finish painting my room. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it's huge and I am nowhere near done. I will be putting in some late hours tomorrow and Tuesday. Wednesday we have meetings all day and once all the other teachers arrive I will be working on curriculum and organizing my room. The LAST thing I want to do is paint! I'll keep you posted in the upcoming weeks.
Love,
Christine
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What laceration? You are driving this poor mom crazy...but that is my son to just roll with it...no need to rush to the doctor's! Love him...hug him for me and do kiss that booboo...or least in the general area...for me. Love your boys....lotsa lotsa hugs for them too! Hope it is a simple thing for Will and then Jackson and I have that mole issue in common. I get checked each fall.
Love you all-
Mom Umina
Hey Christine, you should lure Joe down there for the weekend and have him help you paint.
Post a Comment