Monday, February 25, 2008

Success!

FINALLY, Dan felt the baby kick! I have been telling him for the last few weeks that if he was just patient and if he felt the right place he would feel little kicks. He kept telling me I was crazy and that there was nothing to feel. WELL! He finally got it right and felt all the non-stop kicking I've been telling him about! Now he understands why there are times when I jump up for no apparent reason, or grab my side and gasp, or go running for the bathroom :)

We are still thinking of names, but can't seem to agree yet. No worries, we'll come up with something eventually. After all, Jackson was named just a few hours before he arrived. Then again, I named him myself and I didn't have to get anyone else's opinion...lol.

I also bought a few books for Jack about being a big brother and he's pretty excited about it. He has started carrying around his stuffed animals and calling them his "babies". He feeds them and tucks them into bed and when they need a "princess mommy" he brings them to me....aaawwww! Jackson is convinced that I'm a princess so what's a girl to do? I can't dash his little dreams can I? Plus, he makes me cute crowns out of these interlocking pinwheel thingys. Of course my sweet Dan tries to explain that I'm the queen, but Jack's not buying it.

I managed to get Dan into a Babies-R-Us last week and I thought he was going to freak out! He loved all the gear, but got tired of waiting for me to find the perfect diaper bag. He was also a little confused by all the bottles. I did find some glass ones that are less expensive than Dr. Brown's or Born Free which made me happy. I want a rocking chair SO bad, but Dan thinks our house is too small. He's right, but I still wish we had more room. I' love to have one. I'm going to try and rearrange the furniture again to see if I can't get one to fit :)

Anyway, here are a few new pictures! Enjoy!







I officially hit 6 months this weekend!






Dan's attempt to look pregnant, but his bump is too high. He is putting on some sympathy pounds but it's not like you can tell. He's bummed that he's gained five pounds. I told him to try gaining twelve! I've been eating like crazy so I'm sure that number will go up soon :)



Now it was Jack's turn to show me his belly but he couldn't stick his tummy out AND imitate daddy's funny face, so we just settled with the adorable face :)

We'll keep you posted with any new changes!

Take care, ya'll!

5 comments:

Patience said...

Dan is so funny! I love it! It's always been hard for me to feel babies kick too. One time I felt it on a friend's belly and it seriously freaked me out! The foot literally came out of her belly and moved across! Kindof like something you would see on an alien movie but it was so cool! I can just see Dan as the dad like the guy in that movie with the navy seal protecting the family and becoming like comando dad. I forget the name of it. You know with that bald guy that kindof has a lisp. Vin Diesel? Or something like that. Maybe I will get Dan and baby belt that will hold bottles, cell phones, guns, and toy motorcycles. Maybe not...So did you guys register? And what names are you tossing around? I have been trying to name our future kids for over 5 years now and still haven't come up with anything. I did like Logan for a boy's name but Eric and Tiffany have that one now. Honestly...I have 3 baby name books. It's stressful isn't it? Just keep in mind initials too! I grew up with the initials PU so no pauls or porters or anything like that. When the kids find out, they'll torment him for years. LOL.

diana umina said...

Yeah, yeah...I've heard all about these "sympathetic pregnancies"....the catch is, you deliver a baby and the sympathetic ones still have the big belly!

You look radient, Christine....love the glow!
I think that my daughter is going a little too overboard with the tool belt idea but I could so see Dan doing the Vin Diesel thing!
And Jack is precious as can be. I remember just after I had Patience. I went looking for Dan and Eric. They were each sitting on their beds with their shirt hocked up on one side and their prize teddy bear pressed close to their chests. Trying to hide the chuckle that was inside me, I asked what they were doing...both looked up at me matter of factly and simply said, "We are feeding our babies." I just had to call Dad about that one! His reaction was mixed....good they have the idea...not so good they think they can do it!

Good to hear that Dan is involved and going to Dr visits with you. Dad did not miss a one and he still tags along now and again these days! That is the thing with the Umina men....they are very protective of their own. Just remind him to relax now and again..."Honey, just breathe with me...in....and.....out....in....and out.

Might I add to the initial thing...think of all the possible nick names kids could make of baby's name. My aunt taught me that one back when we were playing the naming game. Let's face it, we just ran out of boys' names that we could agree on when Mikey came along...hence Michael, Jr.
BIG hugs around all of you-
Mom Umina

Mrs. Umina said...

What an amazing experience. It's so fun to feel the baby move. I love the new pictures. We have one of Eric and I facing each other each with our "baby bellies". Eric got a real kick out of hearing that Dan was putting on sympathy pounds because Eric did too.

Patience is talking about The Pacifier. That would be too funny. I guess that's the key to getting a guy to help you carry the stuff. You just need to make it into something cool like a tool belt. I could never get Eric to help with the diaper bag so I might have to try that next time.

diana umina said...

Tiffany-
Next time?? do you want to tell us something???
Mom Umina

Jon said...

haha, too bad eric started adding those pounds long before you were pregnant!
That's Dan's classic fish-face.....Mr. Fleming told him to go suck a lemon one time and the rest is history.