Friday, February 20, 2009

Almost Spring!

Well, it's almost spring here in Las Vegas ;) I won't talk about the nice weather since a few of you aren't as lucky. We did have a cold snap last week, but cold here is 40 degrees.

There isn't much going on these days. Dan has a job, but it's at night so I won't bee seeing him much. He goes to work at 5pm so I run home at 4:30 and we get a few minutes to chat and he's off. He gets home around 2am and I'm out cold so we try to chat on the phone while he's driving. Jackson stays home with him during the day and if he gets tired he can let Jack watch a movie after lunch so he can nap on the couch. Will is back at Eva's and he loves it! I think he missed his little friends;) He's very happy at her house and he gets lots of love and attention.
I'm working very hard these getting ready for next year! We are starting a new Forensics program at school (no, not CSI--speech and debate), but I don't know anything about it! I have to attend a week long camp this July, but I'm not sure HOW we are going to pull that off. I'll be away in Utah and won't be able to come home for 5 whole days!! I'm hoping we can convince Grandma and Grandpa to come stay with the boys :) Wink!

The program has no money because of the budget cuts, so I'm learning how to fundraise and I'm organizing two school dances to help raise the money we'll need. I'll teach 5 sections of the class and lead an after school practice session a few times a week. I hope to get the kids ready to compete and kick some debate booty! I've had to write a proposal and a grant trying to get donations from local law firms. Since debate leads into law, we're hoping a few firms will donate jackets and ties for the boys to compete in. Now I just need donors for the girls! Anyway, the team will travel (I get to learn how to drive a 15 passenger van full of teenagers!) and I hope we at least make it to districts. The program is pretty vital to our school program so I am honored they chose me to run it! I just wish I got a little more pay for all this work...lol!
My night classes are incredibly boring, but I keep telling myself I'm over halfway done for the school year. It'll all be over in June!

I found out a friend from 8th grade is moving here in a few months with her family and my best friend Karri is coming to town in the summer so I'm really looking forward to having some friends from home close by :)

Well, here are a few more pictures of the kids. I still don't have a good one of Dan and I together because we are always taking pictures of the kids! I'll do my best to get some good "couple" shots in March. I'm having a little birthday party in a few weeks, so I hope to get some fun ones that night!
Take care!
Love,
Christine



Will's first trip to Chuck E. Cheese! He loved the little riding toys and we didn't even put tokens in them!




Monster truck Jackson

2 comments:

diana umina said...

Well....hmmmmm...how can we pass up a invite to hang with the grandbabies for a week!! Let us know dates. I am in school till the 22nd of June, bummer, and I am going to try to get time to get out to CA June 14th for Chris' graduation from dental school. So just keep us posted as to when and were's.
Love Dan's bald head shot! Hehehehe!
The forensics group is great! I was in that when I was in HS and loved it!! Did the competitions and all...solos and groups as well. Became quite well known for my blonde investigator's "Ehhhh gross" phrase and I still have the famous 2nd place prize winning love story of The Line and the Dot. Had way too much fun!
The boys as always, look so adorable! Must use that word for as long as I can!! They grow way too fast and then give grandma looks when she calls them adorable....keep those pictures coming!!
Little party next month? Birthdays should be big things with lots of candles....wait, you don't have THAT many yet!!
Hugs to yo all!!!
Mom Umina

diana umina said...

Happy birth day coming at you soon......ready????
Hugs,
Mom Umina