Well, the numbers are in and wouldn't you know...Will is growing like a champ! He went to the doctor on the 16th for his well check and passed with flying colors. He also got a bunch of immunizations but he did surprisingly well! He screamed pretty loud when he got the needle prick, but he only fussed for a few minutes and was good. He didn't feel so hot for the rest of the day, but he slept most of the time so I don't think he was too uncomfortable.
He now weighs 10.12 pounds which is in the 45th percentile for his age. He's 21 1/2 inches tall and his head is 38 1/2 cm around both of which put him in the 25th percentile. Dan is proud that his little man is eating so well and I have to admit I have lots of fun kissing his chubby arms, face, legs....you name it, I'll smooch it! Isn't funny how it's impossible to NOT kiss babies all over? I used to tell Jackson he was so good I could eat him up and then nibble his toes. Of course, I still do this and try to get to his ears but he either runs away or tells me I'm gross. Ahhhh....our little boy is getting big! It's wonderful but a little heart breaking.
In other news I finally get to be treated to a nice dinner! Ok, let me explain. Dan treats me when we have the extra funds and can get a sitter, but I have a hard time spending lots of money on a fancy restaurant so I usually keep things simple. Dan, however, gets lots and lots of free meals and gets to go to restaurants all over town that I have been dying to go to because he gets his booty kissed by sales reps wanting his business. Well, I guess Dan mentioned that I always get jealous of his trips to new restaurants to a sales guy and he offered to take me out too. He decided he would have his wife come along and we can make a night out of it! YAY! Now all I have to do is make up my mind about where to go. Since price isn't an issue I'm torn between a really good sushi place and Wolfgang Puck's place both of which are in the MGM. Then there's Ruth's Chris steak house, Ra, Tao....goodness, my mouth is watering! Needless to say I'm excited about it :)
I've spent a lot of the summer organizing closets, book shelves, and kitchen stuff as well as updating Will's baby book and proof reading Jackson's before I order it. I created it online and filled it with lots of quotes about babies, children, mothers, etc., so I have to make sure it's perfect before I pay for it to be printed and shipped. I'm also trying to get ready for school since I'll be teaching speech this year and have never done it before. When I'm not doing that I'm at the gym working my booty off! I can't afford a new wardrobe so I have to try and get back into my pre-baby outfits. Man, it's hard work!
Anyway, here are a few pictures for everyone. Enjoy!
Love, Christine
Mom and her boys :)
Jack was procrastinating about going to bed and he always has to "go" as soon as he lays down. Well, I let him go because he usually makes a quick trip and heads back to bed. This time I guess he needed to get in some "reading time"! Sneaked in on him and took a few pics!
Will had a little too much to drink and passed out! I better lock up the formula so he can't sneak any nips...lol.
Dan decided to cut Jack's hair. Again. This one didn't turn out very well, but you can't really tell from the pictures. There are a few spots in his noggin where Dan got a little too close to his skull so there are funky patches all over. Next time I'm splurging on the 11 bucks for a trip to Supercuts.
Bath time :)
2 comments:
What good looking boys you are surrounded by! Yep, I remember those games of nibbling...ask Dan about "A Leg and a wing to see the king"-a church sister missionary from London taught us that one! Great to read about Will growing and Jack....going...potty that is! When Dan was just a month old he had his first taste from our garden-butternut squash...He loved it! All our boys were early eaters...just a couple tablespoons of rice cereal at bedtime. Poor Mom was being milked out and more was needed so we went for the cereal.
As for Dan and the haircutting...just fly in your sister now and again! She would love it!! But then boys are easy with the once over the head with the razor, right? Unlike my attempts at the sugar bowl cuts!
Love you all!!
Mom Umina
looks like you guys are having so much fun! I miss you! Let me know what resturant you go to! How fun!! I hear the Wolfgang Puck resturants are amazing!! I hear he makes chicken sing in your mouth.
Post a Comment