Monday, May 26, 2008

Three Weeks to Go!

Hey, y'all!

I just wanted to let everyone know how things are here in Sin City! The weather has been wonderful and we took a little trip to the lake today. We did have that awful heat wave a few weeks ago when we hit 108 degrees, but things are back to normal now and we are trying to get in as much "outside time" as we can before Will arrives and it gets too hot.

Last weekend I took Jack to Kids' Mix at the park while Dan helped a neighbor work on his backyard. A local radio station and a bunch of other sponsors put on a kid's carnival once a year at Sunset Park. Jack and I met up with my old roomie Susan and her two boys, Harrison and Cristian, and her friend Katie and her son Matthew. It was lots of fun but pretty toasty outside. I found the "food tent" as soon as I could and sat under the shade in front of the misters and ate shaved ice :) The kids had a great time riding rides, having pictures taken with The Hulk and Iron Man, and dancing around to some music sung by kids from the Disney Channel. I have no idea what show they were from, but the boys seemed to know what they were listening to...LOL!

After about five hours in the sun, it was time to leave (thank goodness!) but we had a little drama on our way out of the park. Parking was hard to come by and a mom with a baby in a stroller was standing in a parking place holding it for her husband who was on his way. Annoying, yes, but in the grand scheme of things who cares?? Anyway, some woman tried to park in the space and the mom said she was sorry, but her husband was just around the corner. Now, most people would roll their eyes a little and move on, but not this woman! She freaked out and started yelling the F-word out her car window. Then she RAMMED the stroller WITH A BABY IN IT before the mom could even move! It was horrible!

Susan and I stopped and had all the boys step back against a tree. We took our phones out and got ready to call 911. This poor mom was so shocked she couldn't even dial her husband and the baby started to cry (thank God she was ok). The driver got out and continued to scream at her so Susan and I stepped a little closer so she would see that there were witnesses. I got really angry and told the woman to move along or we would call the police. Sadly, she had kids of her own (middle school age) who looked embarrassed by her behavior, but were helpless to do anything.

Anyway, the poor mom waited for her husband who was also pretty upset and when I told Dan about it he told me that crazy woman had better love her sparking spot a lot because he would have slashed all her tires and would be stuck there....BAD DAN (but I would have been ok with it...lol).

Anyway...the countdown is on. We have three weeks to go, but Dan is convinced Will is coming early. All I know is I am pretty uncomfortable and ready, but still scared to go into labor. Jack arrived so fast I almost had him in the car, and the pain...!! LORDY! We are ready with the exception of bottles and a changing table. My shower is this coming Saturday so I'm hoping after that we will be set (minus the table), but I'm still waiting for my breastfeeding bras and shirts to get here in the mail. I'm hoping they arrive before the baby!

So here are a few pictures for everyone to enjoy. I'm sort of shutting down mentally and getting ready for the birth so forgive me if I don't post until after Will gets here. I'm pretty focused on resting, cleaning, packing bags, and connecting with Dan and Jack before things get crazy around here. We'll let you know how things progress and of course everyone will know if I go into labor!

Love,
Christine, Dan, Jackson and William



Jackson after the day at the park. Tuckered out!



Big Mama!



Jack and his P,B and J before heading to the lake.



Dan trying out some weird blow up canoe he found in a storage unit last year. Jack was sure he was going to capsize!



He made it!

3 comments:

diana umina said...

You all look marvelous! Go on and enjoy the time you have left.....jealous that you are now done with school as I plug along another three weeks! Just make sure you have your hospital bag with you in the car. Somehow babies seem to know when the time is best to enter into this world.
Hugs to you all....love that shirt, Jackson!
Hope to see you in another month!
Mom Umina

Patience said...

Wow that lady was crazy!!! We had a similiar experience in Yosemite this weekend. This Asian dude almost hit Chris. We were literally waiting for the spot for almost 10 minutes because this family took forever to pack up but we were there. Chris got out just in case and this guy comes right around the corner and just takes it!! We tried to talk to him but he just started to yell in one of the asian languages. We couldn't tell. I guess they don't know how to wait. You guys look great! I can't wait to see pictures of Will. Good luck! You will be in our prayers!

diana umina said...

Well, you took us all by surprise!! Congratulations to you all and especially baby William....and this is the only time in his life I can say this....He is beautiful!!!!
Bless all of you-
Love,
Mom Umina