When she did come in she was so rushed she talked too fast and Jack didn't know what she was saying. All he caught was "sugar bugs" so he freaked thinking bugs were going to bite him. I started walking him through it while she worked. There I was saying, "Here comes a funny noise, but it won't hurt, don't worry!" and "Ok, here comes a tickle, isn't that funny?" in the calmest voice I could. The dentist hardly explained anything and then ran out so someone else could clean his teeth. She did the same thing and the suction thingy scared him. They didn't put a bib on him so his shirt got wet and when we left they didn't even have any toys! It was horrid! He eventually got a super giant bouncy ball out of a machine at the restaurant we went to for dinner. Poor kid. I think he was traumatized. Where was uncle Chris when we needed him?!



I don't have any pictures of me and the belly lately, but I'll have Dan take a few this week and I'll post them soon.
Take care!
-Christine
2 comments:
So needless to say, you won't be visiting that dentist again? Sounds like Jack was a real trooper though. What a good little boy. My kids have never even let the dentist clean their teeth. They're the type that are screaming, kicking and crying. Lovely...
Chris will gladly take in Jackson. He is so good with kids. He got an A in his Pediatric rotation. The kids really like him. He has all kinds of tricks and cute names for all the tools. I can't believe that dentist!! I hope he wasn't traumatized!
Post a Comment