Friday, December 28, 2007

It's a boy!! (we think)

I have no idea what the second was shows, and they are upside down
for some reason, BUT the top one shows his little booty to the right,
thigh bones pointing left and his
tiny little "twig and berries" in the middle:)


Hey, y'all! Some good news! We went to the doctor today and he's 90% sure it's a boy. I'm a few days shy of 16 weeks along so what we DO see is very, very tiny :) I go in for some blood work after the first of the year to rule out any problems and/or birth defects. This is JUST A PRECAUTION, so no worries. Since I'm the lovely young age of 35 these tests are routine, and because I've had a successful and healthy pregnancy in the past, we are looking pretty good.

Two weeks from today we go to The Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine for the state-of-the-art ultrasound that will look at everything to make sure there are 10 fingers and toes, a strong spine, bone length, ribs, etc. We should also be able to get a good picture of the baby's face (if he cooperates). We will also go through what they call "genetic counseling". Basically, they look at our health histories to see if there is any reason for extra blood-work but according to Dan, his family is pretty darn healthy so I'm not worried about that. Of course, as many of you know, I'm adopted, so my medical history is limited, but over the years I've had extensive medical work ups to test for just about everything, so I'm not worried about that either.

The facility is one of the best in the city, so we know we are going to be treated well and thoroughly. We will keep everyone posted as the next few weeks go by, so don't worry! We'll also post some ultrasound pictures as soon as we can.

Moving on, here are a few pictures of Christmas morning!





Ooo! New Tonka Truck!





Ninja Turtle madness!






Jack got his hands on the camera and caught Daddy snoozing.

What?! "I don't do mistletoe"? Not if Mommy can help it! Gimme smooches!






Jack's cool new toy! Now he can ride with Daddy.



Get outta my way!




Another candid by Jackson the artist.

2 comments:

diana umina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
diana umina said...

Ok, I know there is a baby there in that picture...not sure where though....been too long since I'ver looked at an ultra sound photo....sorry. Thank you for the commentary. Good to hear all is well so far. We only hope for continued top health for baby, Christine and the first time Dad, Dan!
Also liked the......
"Dan got run over by a 4 wheeler powered by Jack on Christmas morn!"
Go Jack!!

Hugs to all!
Mom Umina